POLICIES & REGULATIONS
SECURITY IN SCHOOL
Lockers are available for students to store their belongings. No items should be left in school overnight.
Bicycles must be stored in the bicycle shed at the rear of Staff House.
For students travelling to and from school, the security and reassurance provided by mobile phones is obvious. Using a device to and from school on long bus journeys is not unreasonable. These items however are not appropriate in school during the working day.
Students may bring these devices into school on the understanding that they are always switched off and kept out of sight whilst on the school site between 8.50am and 3.35pm.
- Any mobile phone that is used without staff permission at any time during the school day will be confiscated until the end of the school day
- Any mobile phone displayed at any time during the school day will be confiscated until the end of the school day
- Any device confiscated a second time will only be returned to parents following a discussion and an appropriate sanction
- Any mobile phone discovered to contain inappropriate material will be confiscated and only be returned to parents following a discussion and an appropriate sanction
- Students and parents accept that bringing devices into school is entirely at their own risk and that the school will not be held responsible for damage or loss
There is no student parking at the school or in the immediate neighbourhood. Sixth formers should not drive to the school.
Parents visiting the school during normal school hours must report to Reception and sign in where they will be issued with a visitor’s pass. Parents are not permitted to wander the school unaccompanied.
Associated school policies